well... if all of what is supposed to happen is true, then zombies will be the least of our worries. zombie apocalypse,then california will leave the us, then the oceans will flood, then the earth will spin off its axis, and change places with pluto, therefore making pluto a planet once again, then the sun will die, and then it will collide with earth and explode into a giant supernova, and then creating a black hole, engulfing the universe. at least thats what i think will happen.
1. If the ice caps melts, the oceans will rise and flood
2. Pluto isn't a planet because of it's size and various other factors, not it's location in orbit
3. Our sun is close (I mean relative to the time that has passed) to going boom, but that won't happen for quite some time
4. When our sun does collapse, it will form a neutron star, growing larger and larger, but it will first expel enough radiation to kill all life on this planet, so no need to worry, and besides, the sun with have swollen and engulfed the earth by that stage
5. the Mayans did not predict a zombie apocalypse. It is disputed is they predicted an end to anything at all. It is more likely they predicted a Celestial event, which they have been deadly accurate with in relation to dates. This event could be a burst of gamma rays from the sun, a switch of the Earths magnetic orientation or something else of that nature. there are two events that have been predicted so far, the passing of Eros and a Solar Maximum, both of which are supposed to occur in 2012.
I agree I beleive the calander is like a clock starts right back over when its done, besides doesn't the solar maxium happen every 11 yrs anyhow? and our sun is reletivley young still so billions sounds more accurate then miilions actually trillions
I sure as hell hope we get a god damn zombie Apocalypse soon i'm bored as hell i need to do me some killing and uhh the police around me get kinda upset when you do that but i figure they will give me a break if the people are technically already dead
i don't think 2012 (if it happens, which im skeptical about too) will end up being a zpoc. And one theory is that they didn't mean "the end of the world" what it meant was that it was "the end of the world as we know it" that doesn't necessarily the world will implode, or flood, or whatever the other theories are. it could mean the world will change for the better or the worse. and as it coincides with the Mayan calendar ending in 2012, i think they just ran out of room on their giant stone.