- grab my guns
- get in my truck
- hit hte stores and get lots of supplies. i don't have much right now, i need more. i figure raiding a store full of panicking people is safer than raiding a store full of zombies.
- load everything into my house, go back out and get tools, materials and water barrels.
- board up my house, set up the water barrels on the patio, connect them all together with some PVC i got lying around. turn on the hose full blast and have it fill the barrels. in the mean time take out my new chop saw (looted) and turn a couple 2x4s into pointy sticks. using a ladder pound them into the edges of the front lawn, 3 feet deep, 5 feet of it above ground (8 foot studs). staple gun barbed wire to the sticks to create a 5 foot high barbed wire fence. then carefully staple gun coils of razor wire to the barbed wire fence. it wouldn't do squat against zombies, but that would keep people away.
- get more water barrels, more wood, a genny.
- off load, then hit the gun stores. take all the guns, ammo and anything else useful. i wouldn't hit the real gun stores, just those sporting goods places that sells guns. I have guns and ammo, but I figure having more wouldn't hurt.
- fortify my house some more. allow certain pre-approved people in. close family, friends, allies, etc.
it may take a while before zombies appear near my house. its in a safe corner of the suburbs.
1. Throw my B.O.B. bags in the Jeep.
2. Throw some extra cans of fuel in the back.
3. Load as many supplies as I can get in there. More ammo that anything, I think I'll be able to find water and food if I scavenge enough.
4. Get as far away from bigger cities as possible, I live in Florida. If I can't make it out, I want to head for the swaps. There are some places out there no one can get to with out airboats. I think thats where I'll head. There will be food at hand, and I can purify my own water.