How intelligent are runners really? I've heard that they hide during the day time, but I dont know if this is true. I have also heard that they are technically still alive. I need info about runners please.
ok man. I was trying to continue the vibe that the site has. This is a user created record of the zombie apocalypse. Even if it is fictional, please try to get in the spirit. If you are just going to come here to rain on parades and piss on birthday cakes, then why bother? I simply wanted to know more about Runners from the LZ timeline. I hope you understand my outburst.
Yah not special or amazing in any way. They are just zombies that can run....depends on if we are talking about the infection-type zombies or the undead-type zombies here. This makes a huge difference in the ability to spot runners and deal with them.
You'd both be wrong. The law of physics as it pertains to the living dead are as follows...
1. To be part of the living dead, you have to be dead.
2. To be part of the living dead, you have to be walking around, AFTER DEATH.
3. To become infected with any specific virus that may cause "Zombification", one must be aflicted with a) an alien space gas, b) a mutated virus, or c) one must be bitten or scratched by a zombie, depending on the virus.
4. Body fluids must absorb the virus in order to contract the virus. In all instances, the virus kills the host body. Nobody survives the virus.
5. People who stop to question what exactly a runner is, will usually get bitten by one.
6. Too much firepower or too little firepower is better than no firepower.
7. there's no crying in the Apocolypse. So Quit crying....
I agree with what all of you have said. I'm guessing the virus infects the mind without killing the host completely. That explains the retention of motor skills and the urge to devour flesh (to spread the virus).
Some studies have suggested, like Joseph said, that some instances of runners are just people who have gone insane through either being bitten, or the trauma and shock of the pandemic.
In some instances, what where thought as zombies have been shot in the head to later reveal no sign of infection or even bites.
However, starvation, disease and psychological damage have left the poor individual shambling around the wilderness convinced in their mental state that they are undead so therefore they attack like the undead in an attempt to devour their victims.
Perhaps some runners have similar mental illnesses?