1) Held up in a suburban home. Two floors, several windows (none near the door). Only one door to the street. First room has three doors- the one to the street, the one to upstairs, and the one to the house. Perfect for a last stand- plenty of places to go. Two lines of defense- Front door, and door to front room.
2) To prepare for that last stand, found two extra shotguns and fire axes, kept them in the farthest-in rooms.
3) Stepping out daily. Gathering food, building materiels and other supplies. Also grabbing a lot of booze, to pass the time. Magazines too. Can't spend all my time exploring, risking my neck. Need to stay occupied inside, safe. Need to fight off depression.
4) Woke up on the first day of the third week. Feeling a tad queasy from being out last night in the rain. Had to axe down a locked door because I knew there were a few uncooked chickens that could last me a few days. Stood out in the rain and fought off two walkers; got damp, got sick. No tissues to mute my sneezes, attracted more zombies. Disposed.
5) Slept more and ate extra to cure illness. Ran to the store to get beta blockers. Saw a lot of zombies far down the road.
6) Wanted a molotov, for future encounters. Drank booze, got empty bottle. Cut bedsheet, 5 rags. Found lighters. Need fuel.
7) headed over to the hardware store. No fuel; zombie right behind the door inside almost gave me a heart attack.
8) Checked outside in the shed. Feeling tense- a few too many zombies around. None saw me, but getting out might be trouble.
9) Inside the shed. Started checking the boxes, found a fuel can and a piece of wood. Searching interrupted.
10) Caught a glimpse outside the window. Another survivor sprinting past the shed. Is he coming in?
11) No. He's running because some 50 or so zombies from the woods saw him.
12) Panic. Not safe anymore.
13) Banging on the door.
14) Open the door. Two zombies, several more approaching. Chop n' run. Got scratched. Watch for infection.
15) Sprinting down the alley towards my shelter. Turn around; too many zombies ahead.
16) Sprinting the long route. Exhaustion. Still a lot of zombies. Weaving between them.
17) Reach my street. Mass of the original chase down the opposite side. Don't know if they see me.
18) Several behind me. Get inside quickly. Run to the kitchen, grab 5 pieces of wood. Board up the outside door.
19) Bought some time; don't know how many are banging on the door. Go to the kitchen; grab shotgun and all my ammo. 21 rounds. Grab the rest of wood.
20) Check the front door. 1/2 health gone. They'll get through in 30 seconds. Boarding up the second door will give me approx 1min 10 seconds of prep time.
21) Front line set. Shotgun armed. Some food packed, no time to grab everything. All my medical, food & building supplies within 10 feet. Could carry it all. No time now.
22) Checked risk. No signs of infection. If I make it out of this alive, I can still make it.
23) Door breaks. 20 zombies. Fire off first round, 6 down.
24) Zombies spread, shotgun ineffective. Start to get surrounded.
25) One last round at door. Opening. Book it.
26) Make it outside. Zombies spread out. Bite my lip, and make a run for it. All my supplies. Goodbye shelter. I'll come back for you if I make it.
27) Easy sprint. None can catch me. Need to find a shelter. Need to get away.
28) Turn a corner. There's the original mass of 50+, devouring that first survivor. Start to come after me.
29) Book it in the opposite direction.
30) Find closest building. Get inside. Board the door.
31) Open door to inside. 4 zombies. Shot off two, other two grabbed me.
32) Grabbed axe. chopped them off. Not bit or scratched, leg injured though. Should've checked before I got in here.
33) Upstairs 6 more. Not safe. Banging on door. Very not safe. Back door.
34) Forced in direction of park. Limping. Need to find safety.
35) Can't sprint. Zombies surrounding, catching up.
36) 20 ahead. 23 behind. 4 to right. Small shed to left. Last stand.
37) Shotgun out. Windows boarded.
38) Taking them out as they get in the door. 8 at a time with the shotgun.
39) Starting to get overpowered.
40) Out of ammo. Switch to axe.
41) One got behind me. Turn around to kill him.
42) Grabbed from front door.
43) Dragged out. 12 left. 20 more in distance.Wouldn't have made it anyway.
Sound like an interesting experience? Let's see what happens to you.
Check out http://projectzomboid.com/blog/
What would you have done?