ok not bad. i also agree with your sniper rifle part.but the ak-47 is not very accurate.it has pretty good knock down power from a medium distance but it is not a common weapon.not like a 30.06 or a 30.30 or SKS.all those rounds are easy to find in bulk.as far as shotgun thats a good choice its powerful but you sacrifice speed for power.ammo capcity is usually around 8 shells on a normal gun.and reload is slow.as far as melee choice i would go with something different.you dont need penetration you need blunt force trauma.if you hit someone with a bat or a crowbar in the head they are not getting up and with one of those you swing and hit swing and hit.with a spear you throw and hopefully hit if you do your out a weapon.and if you were actuallty able to stab a zombie in the head the chance of having enough force to kill it is not good unless your trained on that weapon even still not a good zombie killer.an axe is ok it has weight and durability.but its an edged weapon.theres a thing with edged weapons you have to consider. i call it the "stick factor." it means how much energy will it take to unstick this from a zombie head and swing at the next one.edged weapons cut deep thats what they are made for.however cutting into a human/zombie skull is a hard object and the weapon will more than likely stick in the head. or atleast there is a chance it will.not a chane i would like to take.the bus/suv is a good idea because you can find either one that will run off of a homemaid deisl brew. used cooking oil brought to an oil and scrape all the floaters out of it then add some methanol for a boost and your ready to go.(a vehicle can run off of this simple mixture but not for a long time.the gunk and grease muck up the pistons and will seise the motor.but it will last for a while there will be quite a few extra cars to choose from then so dont worry about it breaking down.)as far as the safe house idea...its not bad but being near a costco or walmart puts you on the radar of looters and just probably not very nice people.i feel like( and this is just my opinion.) the best place would be in the country with a fair amount of tree coverage as well as a lot of open space to see whats coming.you can raise cattle(assuming the virus wont effect livestock.) or grow plants.or find a place on the coast and fish.places with low people population but high wild life population.a reserve maybe.anyway that was actually not a bad plan.most of my rambling is just my opinion.your plan was very thought out. good thinking bud.
I disagree about the accuracy of an AK. Yes, AR's and SKS' are more accurate, but AK's are much better than people say. They get a bad name because of the twelve-year-olds we see using them on CNN all the time. Not to mention, a bunch of the ones you see are junk ones with worn barrels and shoddy reconstruction by guys who want to make a quick buck *cough*WASR*cough*. Give a decent AK a chance and you'll be surprised what they can do.
1. you can have one long range weapon to carry with you.what would it be and why? I would use the weapon I use now. My built by me custom AR15 . I believe it is the best weapon in the world and I ham very familiar with it. I have been using them since i was 17 years old. I am now 46 years old.
2. you can have one short range weapon(shotguns fall in this category.) what would it be and why? My 1911 or a Glock 21. Both are .45 ACP. I am familiar with them and they are a good firearms for temporary use to get me to my carbine.
3. you can have one melee weapon what and why? I've got a Kukri and a Ka-Bar fighting knife now. If I could only have one I suppose I'd go with the Ka-Bar. It takes a nuke to destroy them. I'm also debating guying a tomahawk. the jury is still out though.
4. you can choose any vehicle only one though what and why? I'm currently looking at getting a demilled HMMWV. I know where about 8 of them are sitting taking up space and I don't know how long it's going to take until the State needs more room and unloads them. I believe I would change out the engine and drive train though. I'd likely go with a turbo diesel and appropriate transmission. I currently have an old Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 that is good for my horse chores. I've seen custom kits for modern pick ups that turn them in to cross country runners. If the SHTF and there is no fuel to be had, I've got my horses. I train them myself and they can go anywhere. It's best to keep them away from large groups of zeds though.
5. you can choose any "hideout"/"safehouse" what and where would it be and why? My home with some minor fixes. OPSEC.
There is much to preparedness. These are only a few things to look at. Having a back up plan for each one of these is very important.
Yes sir i do think you will make it.lol. the AR15 is a good choice it has great range and doesnt loose very much knock down power at its max accuracy range.as far as the 1911 i love those guns.great weapons and easy to find ammo. Ka-Bar has a "Stick Factor" but its not very much you can do quick work with a knife that size. only downside is they have to be really close to use it. solution long sleeves or welding sleeves to protect from bites and scratches.everything else sounds great.very very well thought out sir.i tip my hat to ye.lol.
If they are out of ars reach I'm likely using a firearm. Hopefully a suppressed firearm. I've been holding off purchasing one because there are bills in the works to take suppressors off the NFA list. It would be a given if a certain politician was voted out in November. If not I will pull the trigger and pay for the stamp and such. I'll buy two. One for the AR and the other for the 1911.
If suppressors are taken off the NFA list then the whole dynamics of firearms ownership in the USA changes. Fact is that in euro nations where you can own firearms owning a suppressor is common courtesy. Makes sense to keep down the noise ppollution If they are removed from the NFA list I'll be able to sell them myself since I have an FFL.
well also concider the fact that making one isnt that hard. granted the life of a homemade one is usualle short because they are usually made of duct tape.
man if i had guns i could own guns i would totally have primes load out. and i agree with the horses idea very cool. i don't own a horse but i did take lessons, and there's is those house about a half mile are so away from my house that has a horse living in there yard. if i can get to it and if its still there i guess id just have to hope I'm not too rusty. might b the best options considering we had to trade in our suv for a 2011 Mazda 2. because the catalytic converter on the truck exploded. we were trying to get a hummer but only Mazda would give us a car. cause my dad credits shit. and probably only because they had like t3 left over mazda 2's
You don't owe me anything. Just STAY ALIVE..
I think the six-liter motors from the deuce and a halves were also put in those, and they're awesome, because you can use a lot of things as fuel, plus, they have the kind of torque and power you need if you want to drive off-road or on-skull. Also, I think they use the GM 14-bolt axles (again like the deuce and a halves), which are strong as Hell. I think most military applications have them set with something like a 4.11 gearing, which is great for torque settings. Otherwise, I think I've heard a few times that they share a TON of parts with the GM GMT 800 chassis series, which is basically a beefed-up Suburban/Tahoe chassis, and if these things are true, you could very easily find parts and mechanics that know their stuff if you end up not having time to learn it before Z Day. Given the amount of cars that share parts, you could very easily swap parts over to build a halfway custom truck and still have OEM reliability if you're looking for something a bit more specific than what the military issued.